Complete system. Clear, powerful performance.
Bring your entertainment to life and experience clarity and bass at all volume levels. Designed to deliver, the Lifestyle 550 system gives you surprisingly high-quality, lifelike sound—from surprisingly small speakers.
Only the speaker is virtually invisible
When it comes to speakers, the only thing that you want to stand out is the sound. Slim and stylish, Virtually Invisible speakers are only about 8.9 cm high. Designed to blend in nicely, they’re low profile and can mount flush to your wall with optional brackets.
Turn it up and really feel it
Really great bass transforms your living room listening experience from run-of-the-mill to front-row-seat. This small wireless subwoofer delivers on sound and style with its deep, thunderous bass and premium glass top. A powerful driver and QuietPort technology combine for best-in-class performance for size.
SO MUCH MORE THAN GOOD LOOKS
The glass-topped media console offers the latest audio and video technologies—including 4K video and 6 HDMI™ inputs. Use Wi-Fi® or Bluetooth® with NFC pairing to stream music to a system that looks as good as it sounds. Now all you have to worry about is what to listen to first.
Less effort, more music
When it comes to enjoying your music, you can listen whichever way you want, without worrying about which technology is best. Play music through your Wi-Fi network for instant in-home listening. Or listen directly from a phone or tablet using a Bluetooth® connection. The Lifestyle 550 system works with other SoundTouch speakers, so as you go from room to room, your music goes with you.
Engineered to keep it simple
Whether your walls are plaster, brick or glass, ADAPTiQ audio room calibration will optimise its acoustic performance for the unique characteristics of your room—giving you the best possible listening experience. And there’s no need to worry about setup. With guided on-screen messages, our Unify intelligent integration simplifies the process of connecting to your entertainment sources. It will also help configure the Bose universal LED display remote to control almost all entertainment devices.
- Control console:6.5 cm H x 40.59 cm W x 25.8 cm D (4 kg)
- Acoustimass wireless bass module:32.5 cm H x 29.5 cm W x 29.5 cm D (13.6 kg)
- Virtually Invisible Series II speakers (each):9.4 cm H x 8.13 cm W x 8.2 cm D (0.54 kg)
- Supported audio formats: The Lifestyle 550 system supports Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS and Multichannel PCM.
- Video source compatibility: It supports 4K resolution at 4096/60p with 12 bit. (Same as Lifestyle 600/650 systems.) It does not support Dolby Vision.
Inputs and outputs
Rear panel of the console
- 1 HDMI™ output with Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- 5 HDMI inputs
- 2 optical digital audio connections
- 2 coaxial digital audio connections
- 2 analogue L/R audio inputs
- 1 x 3.5 mm connection for the Acoustimass module
- 1 data port
- 1 IR repeater port
- 1 Ethernet port for SoundTouch and software updates via a network
- 1 USB connection for software updates only
Front of the console
- 1 HDMI input
- 1 x 3.5 mm jack for ADAPTiQ system and headphones
- 1 power button
- 1 source button
- 1 setup button the customer will press to connect Acoustimass module and rear speakers
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
- 5 Virtually Invisible Series II cube speakers
- Acoustimass wireless bass module
- Universal remote control
- Front speaker cable
- 2 rear speaker cables
- 5 AC-2 adapters
- ADAPTiQ headset
- IR emitter
- HDMI cable
- 4 AA batteries
- Console power supply
- 4 power cables
- Owner’s guide